What documents should I submit when applying for the reacquisition of my Philippine Citizenship?
PLEASE PRESENT ORIGINALS AND SUBMIT THREE (3) PHOTOCOPIES OF EACH OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- Original Birth Certificate authenticated by the National Statistics Office (NSO)
- Marriage Certificate (for married female applicant)
- Death Certificate of spouse (for widowed female applicant, if applicable)
- Appropriate divorce decree or court order on the annulment of marriage (for separated female applicant, if applicable)
- Three (3) recent 4.5 cm X 3.5 cm photographs (colored with ROYAL BLUE background)
- Fee of CAN $57.50/applicant - in money order or bank draft only made payable to the Philippine Consulate General
- Photocopy of Canadian passport
- Photocopy of Citizenship Card/ID
- Photocopy of Certificate of Oath Taking as a Canadian
- Photocopy of old Philippine passport (original shall be presented to the evaluating officer)
OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS:
- Certificate of Non-availability of Birth Record (if born before 1950) from the Local Civil Registrar or from NSO
- Baptismal Certificate/Joint Birth Affidavit
- Marriage Certificate of parents
- Order of adoption, if applicable (original shall be presented to the evaluating officer)
REQUIREMENT FOR DEPENDENT CHILD/CHILDREN
(Present originals and submit three (3) photocopies of the following required documents)
- One (1) recent 4.5 cm X 3.5 cm photographs (colored with ROYAL BLUE background)
- Copy of foreign passport
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Fee of CAN$ 28.75 (certified cheque or postal money order)
- Application form must be duly accomplished and signed. Incomplete information on the application form may cause delay in the processing of application.
- All requirements should be submitted with the duly accomplished application form.
- If the documents are complete and satisfactory, applicants will be informed via email of their scheduled Oath of Allegiance. Oath taking is held on Thursdays, from 9:30am to 11:00am. Applicants confirmation reply email is necessary in order that their Oath Certificates are made ready on their oath taking date. Deadline for the confirmation reply email is on a Tuesday immediately preceding their Thursday scheduled date.
- PERSONAL APPEARANCE IS REQUIRED IN TAKING THE OATH.
- Female applicants who are married should apply in their maiden name
- If the applicant is a Bureau of Immigration (BI) registered alien, he shall surrender the original ACR and ICR/CRTV, or in its absence, an affidavit explaining the loss of said documents for transmittal to the BI.