The Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO)
World Trade Centre Office Complex
999 Canada Place, Suite 611, Vancouver, BC, CANADA V6C 3E1
Tel. No.: (604) 641-1234
For emergency, call the POLO hotline (604) 767-3354
1. Checklist of Requirements
- Labor Advisory No. 16, Series of 2017 - Lifting of the suspension of acceptance and processing of all new applications for Overseas Employment Certificates
- DOLE suspends processing of OECs
- Administrative Order No. 155 suspends the processing and issuance of Overseas Employment Certificate/Overseas Exit Clearance (OEC) for all directly hired OFWs starting 25 April 2017. This does not cover those verified by POLOs prior to said period.
- Effective 01 July 2013, we will return without action all submissions for verifications that are found to be incomplete in terms of documentary requirements and payments of fees.
- "Incomplete" means not only lacking in the required documents but refers to those with inaccurate information or data given such as employment contracts and/or addendum without date, name and signature of the employer or the duly authorized representative, and contracts that do not contain basic provisions like salary per hour (which must not be lower than that indicated in the LMO or that which is generally accepted in the industry if the skills category is LMO-exempt) and the frequency of payment (which must not be less than twice a month). It also refers to wrong or inaccurate payment of verification and authentication fees.